CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My 12th Mother's Day as a mommy. My 11th with 2 children. My first with Ashton. My 7th as Chris's partner, my 4th as his wife. It was such an amazing day.

First - the gifts. I do love a good spoiling! I got a pair of awesome coach shoes - not signature ones as I do think those are quite ugly, but very super cute heels that are adorable. A pair of Coach sunglasses with a signature hard case that perfectly matches my diaper bag and wristlet (wallet). A pair of my favorite jeans - True Religion. And the topper - my nose pierced! That is something I have wanted since mid-pregnancy but couldn't get then for obvious reasons. My husband has always thought little tiny studs in the nose are super cute, and I think they are cute as well and also good for my nearing mid-life crisis, haha. So I casually mentioned in the car today that it would be fun to get my nose done for Mother's Day. He didn't confirm or deny this, so I forgot about it too. Then about a half hour later we pull into the tat shop. I'm like - ok, guess this is happening now. So I go in and 10 minutes later I emerge with an adorable little tiny pink stud. And I am so fantastically cute now I can hardly stand myself!

I got taken out to dinner Friday night, brunch Saturday, dinner Saturday night, breakfast Sunday morning, and dinner Sunday night. Nevermind losing pregnancy weight - this weekend was a "well I am nursing and you know lactating women are supposed to eat an additional 500 calories per day" kind of weekend. So I got to see all kinds of family from near and far and celebrate the wonderful joys of being a mother and of being a new mother also.

Chris was amazing all weekend. We shopped and shopped, he carted me to every store I requested. Then when I just wanted to sit outside and people watch but it had to be by a Starbucks so I could have my tropical tea and it had to be my Marshalls because they had shoes I wanted and it had to be in a busy place so I could see lots of interesting people, he found the perfect spot and sat with me and never complained. And of course he commented properly throughout the day both on how cute my nose was and how amazing I looked in my new jeans. The perfect husband I tell you for the hundreth time. Manufique!!!

Then we got the boys and they had a little celebration with me with cupcakes and songs and I opened their wonderful school made presents - a flower vase from Zachary and a painted picture in a frame from Dylan. Too sweet. My kiddos Tay and Al picked out the most amazing sweet cards that they bought with their own money and they wrote very nice things in them. My grandma got me big pot of gardenias to plant. Ashton was perfect all day long - he even gave me a 4 hour nursing break for the first time. So to reward him and make me happy, I bought him $70 worth of more clothes. LOL. My grandma thinks he will outgrow his clothes before he can wear them all. Not if I change him 3 times a day I tell her! And I will, I do. I LOVE being a mommy!!!!

0 comments: