CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Second hurdle

Hey bloggers:

I had my second blood test yesterday - which was to make sure the little bean was growing the way he/SHE should be. ;)

My level of HCG should have doubled since Thursday. Thursday's count was 52, so we were looking for 104. My level was 107. SO - we are right on track, doing what we are supposed to be doing, and the little bean is growing and burrowing into its home for the next 9 months. Chris and I are really starting to get excited now. We have our ultrasound on the 31st - then after that we will really be excited and I will begin my 7 month shopping spree!!! YeeHAW!!

I have found such cool websites that show pictures of the baby during every week - so today I am technically 4 weeks pregnant and my due date is going to be April 20th. I know - 4/20 - what are the chances?!? Anyway, the bean is going to grow this week from being the size of the head of a pin to the size of a grain of rice. The kids are so cute - they tell me that my stomach is already starting to grow. I tell them I wont be showing for at least 3 or 4 months, but thanks. LOL. They are just excited.

Chris has indicated that I am not permitted to do anything but sit in bed or in the recliner on my heating pad for the whole pregnancy. Haha. He does not want to take any chances with this pregnancy he says. It is odd how much this means to both of us when we already have kids, and not a small amount! I have to say, having kids the natural way, where one day you wake up and feel a little queasy, and kind of tired, and you think to yourself "I think I should have started last week...." and bam, you are a few months pregnant, is A LOT different than this route where you know the date of conception, each and every stage of the baby, what is going on from before day one. It is much more stressful. I can't make a move without wondering what it is doing to the process. But I think we have a strong little gal in there. Grow baby grow!!!

Now I will just be posting more of how I am feeling and how I am growing, barring any bad news. I went out on a limb and bought a baby scrap book yesterday. I wasn't going to buy anything until after the 7 week ultrasound, but I couldn't resist. I have to start it with the embryo pictures!

0 comments: