CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Finally.......

Today marks the official beginning of my second trimester - or more importantly - the last day of my first trimester!!! Yip-a-dee-doo-da! I am still feeling tired, and can't be super active for a very long time - I tire out quick - but at least I'm not spending 8 hours in bed every day!

I have started to really show - like a lot. Still not enough to fit into those giagantic maternity jeans - is it me or are they big in the weirdest places??? - but way too big to wear my old pants. So I'm in sweats most of the time for now. I also have started feeling the wonderful pains in my abdomen and legs - called "round ligament pain." This is from my uterus stetching and growing to hold the baby, who will miraculously grow 3 times its current size over the next 2 weeks.

I have settled on a name that will work for either gender, so if I can convince Chris that it is a great name we might be able to actually start calling this child by something other than "it" which I really hate doing. I usually go to the trouble of saying "him or her" "he or she" and it would be nice to just say "________ is moving!" _________ is making me hungry!" and so on. Of course no name announcement will be made until we have decided for certain.

For the most part I am enjoying my pregnancy, but I did forget over the last 10 years some of the shitty things - like not being able to have coffee and everything tasting funny and the terrible aftertaste that anything I eat leaves in my mouth. But I so cannot wait to have this baby, I am so excited to have a baby in the house, in my arms.

Happy 2nd trimester to me!

0 comments: