CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm not your superwoman

Do you remember that song from the late 80's? HA. I heard it on my Sirius today and I remembered all the words. And although my husband is so wonderful and appreciateve and not at all like the man that she is singing about in that song, I couldn't help but think "Yah! I'm NOT superwoman!!!" Oh my word - what I am is 33 weeks pregnant and still trying to act like I'm a spring chicken! Let me be the first to say I am no longer a spring chicken!!!!!!!!! I am 31 year old mother of many who is carrying around 30 or so extra pounds! Oy Vey!



I am in pain today. I did too much. But when Chris called me to tell me that H&R Block called and our tax check was in - it energized me to a point that no nesting instinct could touch! I was suddenly out of bed, singing in the shower, slabbing on make-up and even doing my hair, I was singing in the truck, off to get my monaaaay!!! Kinsey and I went all over town - to the grocery store, the cell phone store, the bank of course, the baby store - my mommy just happened to get the gift she is getting for baby and I had to pick it up immediatly, we ate lunch, did all sorts of running around. I even tired out the 2 year old! Of course, once I had the gift in my hot little hands, I had to lug it into the house by myself and put it all together. She bought us the carseat and stroller traveller center, woop woop!!! I called her to tell her I can now have the baby today and I would be all set thanks to her! Here is a picture of it all put together:


This was the one thing daddy really had his heart set on - he picked it out which might explain why it is not incredibly "baby-ish" but he was so very excited at the idea of having a jogger stroller for the baby instead of having to wait until the baby was big enough for the regular stroller. He also assures me that the actual tires will be so much better than the plastic tires, and I have to admit he is probably right. With all the sports our kids are constantly playing, all the time we spend at the lake and all the camping we do, having a sturdy stroller made for activity is going to suit our family perfectly. It is great for a boy or a girl, and in fact when I was waiting for the man to load this into my truck there was a lady with a little girl about 9 months old or so sitting in MY stroller! She raved on and on about how much she loved it. It really is so easy to push, it turns on a dime, and the cup holders are actually deep to enough to, I don't know, HOLD A CUP!!

So I am sitting down for the first time and it is at times like this when I realize how much I have overdone it. The Braxton Hicks are coming strong and my hip is killing me. Oh well. I got a lot done.

Baby shower is this weekend, we are SO excited!! I can't believe how fast this whole journey is coming to a close and how soon we will get to meet our bundle!

0 comments: