CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

36 week check-up

Went to the Dr yesterday for the 36 week check up. I LOST weight!! I lost almost 3 pounds. I think it was because I was so nauseated and actually throwing up, and also because I have been nesting a tiny bit so I have been a little more active. I was also waiting until after my shower to do a lot of shopping, so I have been getting out and about more the last 2 weeks getting things to finalize having all the necessary (and some seriously UN-necessary) stuff. So between eating less and doing more I have lost weight. My Dr. is very un-concerned with my weight at all. He never mentions it at all, so that leads me to believe that it must be fine. I asked him if the baby was growing all right since I had lost the few pounds, and he said the baby is "spot on" for where it should be. So I guess I should be happy - less to shed after I give birth!

I had to get some labs done to make sure the nausea and vomiting isn't from an infection. I will find out the results at my appt. next Monday. I am going once a week now until the bambino(a) is born. That's exciting. I had a perfect stranger tell me today that I look like I have dropped. I know I am carrying low, but I don't care for strangers to comment on it.

We bought another piece of baby furniture over the weekend. The one thing Chris has wanted was a rocking cradle. I have never had one so it wasn't extremely important to me. But I guess this was his life saver when his boys were babies, and he wanted one this time too. It is weird to have a man who actually has an opinion on such matters. The way he talks he sounds like a mother. "I would get up, change their diaper, feed them, and then lay them in the cradle by my bed and I could rock it to get them back to sleep while I dosed off. It worked GREAT!" I am not used to a man who got up, changed, fed, and cared for the newborns. Especially since I was/am a breastfeeder, this kind of thing would have been impossible. But none of Chris's 4 boys were breastfed, so he was the man of the hour when the boys came home. He said the other day to his family at dinner - "I'm not going to be able to do everything this time, and I don't know if I am going to like it!" The breastfeeding world is completely foreign to him. He is so excited and thankful that our baby will be breastfed. He is very appreciative that I will do that - to me it is part of the package. I mean, it's just how it is. Breastfeeding is just another part of having a baby, like a continuation of pregnancy. It isn't optional in my mind. But anyway - he got his cradle last weekend and it is SO cute. I can't even tell you how adorable it is. And it totally matches our other funiture. Everything looks so awesome and perfect. Everything is exactly how we had talked about it being before we got pregnant. Now all we need is the bean to be born! (Another week and a half and the pressure will really be on that baby!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post a picture of the babies beautiful room, I'm dying to see!