CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Baby Shower and Dr. Appt.

My baby shower was Sunday and it was super fun! 3 of my favorite people got deathly ill and (thank you) didn't come so they wouldn't get me and the bambino sick - well okay 2 of my favorite people and my mother-in-law. Ha! We had a great time, and it was so great to see everyone. I got such amazing gifts, and that evening I was trying to arrange everything in piles so I could minimize my trips up the stairs. I was sitting surrounded by the gifts and Chris walked by and said "I cannot believe how many clothes this baby has! It isn't even going to be able to wear all of those clothes!!!" And he makes a good point. The baby has received so. many. clothes. it is amazing.

I went out yesterday with my gift cards and purchased the swing to match the pack and play/bassinett that we got on Sunday. I put them both together yesterday and they look so cute! They match our decor so perfectly that I feel like our living room should be in a magazine (if I may say so myself). Now I really (no, honestly) feel like we have everything we would need if the baby came today. Crib, changing table upstairs, pack n play/bassinett/changing table downstairs, swing, carseat, stroller, diapers, onesies, sleepers, outfits, shoes, socks, booties, hats, mittens, bath supplies (athough I need a baby bath still!!!), blankets galore, monitor, breast pump, we have it all. It is very strange to start from literally nothing. Not a hand-me-down in the bunch. It has been amazing to start from scratch, Chris and I starting our own little family, adding to our already large family, but this little slice of Heaven in my tummy is just ours. And it will begin its life with all of its own things, picked out specifically for him/her by very loving, excited, and anxious parents. Chris came to the baby shower - his 5th child and 1st baby shower! He had a great time and it was so nice to share that ritual with him. He even wore the pacifiers around his neck and played the "don't say the word 'baby' game." He had the most for a while, until he had one beer too many and the word slipped! We just want him to be a part of everything that is happening with this baby and he doesn't want to miss a thing. So it was very special that my friends are so welcoming to him - he really is just "one of the girls!" I love him so much!

On another note, we had our 34 week appointment yesterday and the Dr. kindly checked things out up there at my request. He confirmed that the baby has dropped and is head down and engaged, but my cervix is still high and long, which means it has not started to thin out yet. So by the looks of things, we will not have a 34 weeker!! Yay!!! He just told me to take it easy and let him know again if I feel anything out of the ordinary. He said I did the right thing by asking to be examined because I had felt a change and things felt different. "That is exactly the kind of thing I want you to tell me!" he said. I go back in 2 weeks for the 36 week check, and then every week thereafter until I am a mommy again.

Baby has been moving a ton again. The movement slowed down a little the past 2 weeks, but now he or she seems to have acclimated to not having any room and has just decided that it is HIS/HER domain and he or she will move as much as he or she damn well pleases! I grimmace in pain sometimes because it comes so suddenly and with such a shock. I am certain it is right on some nerve or other. It rolls over my bladder too which is the weirdest feeling ever. And last night I threw up! Just out of the blue I was sending something off to the IRS one minute and the next I was in bed begging myself not to throw up. To no avail, I was barfing after about 5 minutes. Poor Chris didn't know what to do! I staggard back to the bed and laid down and he was by my side in an instant begging me to sip some water or eat some toast or crackers. Yogurt wat the only thing that sounded remotly edible, so I had that and some water and feel asleep at 7 o'clock. By 10 when he came to bed I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, but thank God I was feeling much better. My kids are so amazing in those situations, Zach was the worrier last night. He must have peeked his head in my room every half hour, and if I would lift my head up he would softly say "mommy, do you need anything? Does the baby need anything?" So precious!

6 weeks to go!

0 comments: