CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Home from version ... Still pregnant

Obviously, the version didn't work. Stubborn little thing. So it was horrible, more horrible than I thought it would be, more horrible than I allowed myself to imagine it could be. Horrible. The Dr. tried and tried, and then called in another Dr. so both of them could try some more, but no. Nope. Little baby G would snuggle right back where he/she was as soon as they took the pressure off and put the ultrasound on. I cannot believe that I am going to have a c-section. I am so irritated by the thought of it - them whisking my baby away from me, taking it to the nursery, so I can't even hold it for a half hour, or more. Staying in the hospital for 2 days. TWO DAYS. But a healthy baby and a healthy mommy are the most important. At least that's what they tell me. Ha.

So the plan is this: If I don't go into labor before next Wednesday, I go in for my appt. and schedule the section. It will be Thursday or Friday. My mom flys in Saturday so at least she will be here to help with the kids, which is perfect. Since I wont be home for two (god damn) days. The one thing Doc did say was he would look more into my request of having the version done after I have had an epidural, and since I would be in for a c-section he might be willing to try and vert the baby after the epidural and before he does the c-section. If that works, yay, I get to have a vaginal delivery. If not, they wheel me back for the section. But as he said, he was pushing about as hard as he could push, and our little baby was not budging.

Chris is now convinced it is a girl, because he said a boy would never be that stubborn. The poor man must not be aware of how stubborn my offspring can be! Haha. Either way, we know now that this is most certainly its mothers child.

I'm off to research-to-death c-sections.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Misty. Praying for a speedy recovery for you and a healthy baby. Its just days away, no matter how they get that bay out though it will be amazing to see what the baby looks like and how it will feel to hold them on the outside of your body HOW EXCITING! I wish you luck and tranquility as you finish this.

Cibele said...

Hi Misty, I sent you an e-mail. Just want to add that I stayed 4 days at the hospital and to be honest I would have stayed longer LOL. I felt safe there, with the c-section, the hospital bed is very good to help us stand up... if you have more questions about c-section I would be glad to share my experience