CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Who knew 24 hours could be so long?

Minutes seem like hours, hours seem like days. Days? They seem like YEARS!! I am so ready to have this child. The kind soul in my tummy kept me up again last night kicking the holy hell out of me. Even Chris, once again, kept getting kneed in the back from baby G. Now that we know exactly how the baby is positioned, we can totally tell if it is a kick, knee, or punch coming from in there. And the head-butts into my ribs are really enjoyable.

So I go to the doc tomorrow to hear what the rest of my week will consist of. My guess is that I will have the section sometime Friday, God please let it be in the morning, so I will spend most of Wed. making plans (again) and most of Thursday making sure everything is ready at the house, groceries are bought, etc. My mommy comes in on Sat, thank God, and I gave her the run down on all her duties. She will be on full kid patrol, taking them to school, picking them up, taking them to their extracurricular activities, etc. She's like "Mit, I can do everything if Chris will just be there to change Dylan's diapers!" LOL!! No, Mom, I wont ask you to change a 12 and a half year olds diapers. THAT is a little over the top! So I have lists to make for my mom too. It's not like I wont be right here in the house, and Chris as well, it's more that I would rather things just run smoothly downstairs while I am resting upstairs. But she did say she would be bringing me all my meals to my bed! Yes!! This c-section might not be as horrible as I am making it out to be! :)

My biggest concern is the moments after the birth, naturally. I wont be able to hold my baby and that kills me. But I know Chris will be there, he will hold the baby, he will follow the baby everywhere, he will stay in the nursery with the baby and when I am finally in recovery Chris will bring me the baby. Then I will get to hold and feed the baby. So we are probably going to ask all visitors to come to the hospital after I am in recovery. I am getting antsy thinking about other people handling the baby before I do, so it will ease my mind to just have Chris at the hospital with no one else to worry about except for little baby G, and when the 3 of us have had time to recoup from the c-section and I have had time to try to feed the baby, which will be more difficult after the c-section and I really don't want any one in there while I am dealing with the pain and the latching on and all that shit for the first time. So hopefully the surgery will be in the morning, and by the early afternoon all the baby's family and friends can come to the hospital and meet our new addition. This will be the plan any day that I deliver... OH! And I'm thinking we wont tell the sex of the baby over the phone. If you want to know what it is you will have to come to the hospital! LOL. Just because I enjoy driving everyone crazy :) Although I have my doubts that Chris will be able to keep his mouth shut. But once he tells one person, everyone will know. One person calls another who calls another, and our big surprise is blown! I had imagined that everyone would be outside the room when I delivered vaginally, and Chris would come out of the door and yell "It's a _______!!!" But since that can't happen now because clearly this baby likes to challenge all of my OCD control issues, we have to think of another fun way to let people know the sex. Hmmm. I'm going to ponder that for the next few days. Maybe we will keep the baby all bundled up in the hospital and when I get home we can have an unveiling of the gender. Haha. So for days no one would know if they were holding a boy or a girl. THAT would be a real kick in the pants for us!

Alright - well that's the story. After my appt. tomorrow I should be updating here to let you peeps know the deal. Or maybe I wont and I will keep it all a secret because honestly I am having such anxiety about how this is going to unfold. I can't wait to be over this part and just have my tiny baby with me in my arms.

0 comments: