CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am having a baby. Today. Holy shit.

This is so weird! I am having a baby today.

My wonderful amazing husband woke me up by whispering into my ear "We are having our baby today!" So sweet. He has been up since like 6, got all the kids ready and took them to school. He keeps saying things like "Today is a GREAT day for a birthday!" "I have to go to Lowes to plant flowers for the baby to come home to!" "No more belly after today" (as he is rubbing it). I honestly, in 8 years, have never seen him like this. When we got married it was exciting but different because we were in Hawaii and it was just the 2 of us, he was so kind and considerate to me by carrying my train and all that, but today he is just ....... different. Giddy almost. Like a child. It's so cool.

My sweet baby boys, Alex and Zach, knew I had to eat before 9:00 a.m. So before they left for school they knocked on my door and had made me breakfast in bed. They both made me cards that said "Good luck MOM!" and "See you at the hospital!" They are so super excited to come to the hospital after school and meet their new brother or sister. It is so wonderful to see the excitment on their faces.

My precious daughter is so helpful to me, as always. She wanted to be at the hospital with me the whole time, she wants to stay the night with me there, she wants to help with everything. Last night she washed one last load of baby blankets for me without being asked to. She is the most amazing child. I am so blessed and lucky to have a daughter who is like her. If the baby is a girl, I hope she takes after her sister.

So, I am off to get some last minute things ready for our big adventure in a few hours. Chris just got home from taking the dog to the park and we are going to get flowers. We will plant them for our brand new baby, our Spring baby, OUR baby. It is still so surreal to both of us that we are having a baby. We are so giddy with anticipation. We look at each other this morning, and just start laughing.

Chris has been through one c-section with the boys so I keep asking him all these questions about it. Even though it was 13 years ago - it is nice to know that he has actually been there done that - so I wont have to worry about him not knowing what to expect and he wont be surprised by stuff. He does really well in those settings, but he gets a little wigged out when they stick me with needles for IV's and stuff because he hates to see me in pain. And they never get it on the first try. So the fact that he knows what to expect with them cutting me open and all that is nice.

We also are going to tell the doctor not to tell us the sex of the baby - we want him to just hold the baby up so we can both see at the same time. The anticipation of THAT is almost as bad as the anticipation of the c-section. Today will be an interesting day!

0 comments: