CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Unbelievable

There is no possible way that life could get any more awesome or more amazing or more perfect than it is right now. Our little boy is so precious. He is perfect. He is wonderful.

Being home from the hospital has been great. Ashton is nursing perfectly. He sleeps right next to me and we side-lie nurse at night so we have been getting pretty regular sleep for the most part. I get up a little to get Ash all settled on the breast, and I stare at him for a while, and then I doze off until he is ready to switch sides, then I burp him and stare at him some more, Chris wakes up and burps him a little bit, stares at him, we stare at him together, then I get him settled on the other side and we repeat the process. Mostly we just like to stare at him, and kiss him, and just be amazed in general that we created this little baby.

We have had visitors every day since I have been home, which hasn't been too bad because they stay only an hour or two and really it is nice just to have people over to sit around. I am not trying to cook and entertain, no one expects me to do anything but sit with them and no one wants to do anything but sit with the baby. My mom is a huge help as are my kids. They fight a little over who get to hold Ashton and who just held him and who has been holding him longer... but it is cute because they just love their new brother so much and want to be with him. This little boy has so much love all around him.

Chris has of course been awesome. I feel so redundant even talking about him because I'm always saying the same thing. What has been cool is since we have so many people in the house, other people see and observe how wonderful Chris is. It is so neat to have people come up to me and say "He is pretty special" "Chris is so good" "You are pretty lucky to have found that one" - all things I know but it is always nice to hear. He loves his new son so much. It is adorable too everytime Ash cries (the only time is when he is getting his diaper and clothes changed) Chris sings "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" to him. He sings "it's root, root, root for the Yankees" - SO cute. Ash stares up at him while he sings to him. I am so happy that Chris is the father of my baby. I am so happy that he is my husband. I am so happy at everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, things are going awesome. I couldn't ask for anything else.

0 comments: